Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Cause Within You


My passion was ignited yesterday when I joined the live “Meet the Author: Matt Barnett ~ The Cause Within You at http://www.ministrydirect.com/LIVE/. The show has not been added to their archives yet, but honestly it was the best hour I have spent in a long time. Check it out later to view the entire presentation.

For my friends that know me, you know his dad Tommy Barnett has been one of my heroes for many years. I love people with passion and purpose. I love people that are doing things and not just talking about them. Tommy Barnett and his son are two of those people. Tommy Barnett at the age of 20 went to pastor a small church in Los Angeles. From that small beginning, which he says he was a failure, the Dream Center was birthed.

There were numerous quotes that I jotted down, but the passion that he delivers them with is as inspiring as the words, so I hope you’ll listen to this interview.

Crime dropped in his area by 73% in 3 years! Wow talk about effecting change in a community.

“Die to the dream of being a success and live to the dream of being a blessing.”

“Be sure that everyone recognizes Sunday is not the destination point, but the launching point.”

“There are no perfect plans…just compassionate ones.”

“The greatest risk is taking no risk at all.”

“If you want to be a bridge of hope you have to be willing to get walked on ever now and then.”
“We are one inconvenient act away from finding our cause for our life.”

“Allow yourself to be broken. God uses broken things.”

His comments on loving the things you fear was revolutionary! I can’t retell it. You just have to hear him.

I am buying this book TODAY and I hope you will too. Just read the first chapter at http://thecausewithinyou.com/index.php/book/. Oh, but before you read it, get a box of tissue!

Thank you for reading my blog and allowing me to rant and rave! I love you!

No comments: