Thursday, December 23, 2010

Living the Light


Sunday morning on our way to Jacksonville we stopped for church in Pensacola. It was delightful to see dear, old friends and see their Christmas musical. The musical’s message was clear and relevant. I really enjoyed it. I jotted down a quote from the musical. I am sorry but I don’t even know the name of the musical but this is the quote concerning the light of Christmas. “The shepherds experienced it, the wise men followed it and we must live it.”

I emotionally staggered at the thought of what that really means? Walk out the light in my everyday life? What would that look like? How would that change my responses to frustrations and irritations? How would that change my attitude toward injustices?

I came to one conclusion I cannot live the light unless I have on a regular basis what both the shepherds and the wise men had. The wise men followed because they had direction and they made a choice to follow the directions. If I am going to live out the light I must have the direction and insight that comes from the Scriptures. They didn’t just hear about the Messiah. They experienced Him. Only as I experience His grace and His presence energizing me and enabling me can I live out the light in my life.

Our culture is bumbling around in the dark. But the Light has come. We just need to live it!

Luke 1:78 KJV Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

No comments: